Saturday, 4 February 2012

Ortak



Due to some issues with hours, I made the choice to leave Magnolia Silver Jewellery where I have worked for the last 6 months. However, as luck would have it, Ortak happened to be advertising for full time sales assistants just a few shops down from Magnolia. So I was delighted to be offered the position in such a short space of time in such a difficult climate. I have just finished my 1st week and am enjoying it so far; especially as today I got to choose my "shop jewellery". Spoilt for choice between existing stock and previews of future stock I settled on a relatively subtle set - from the "Urban" range (pictured below).





The Aberdeen branch is kept busy and today was the last day of a very good sale which had massive reductions on some high quality pieces. So far I have just encountered the basics, but I am eager to get involved with Ortak's bespoke service where customers are able to design their own pieces or swap features of existing pieces. My manager has mentioned that it is sometimes difficult to get a good feel for what the customer wants from bespoke pieces as they sometimes don't know the technical terms or descriptions are a bit vague so she hopes that, given my jewellery background, I will be able to help out in these situations. I was also intrigued to hear that one of Ortak's designers is Laura Christie, a fellow Duncan of Jordanstone graduate! Above all, I am looking forward to settling into a new workplace where I can add to my jewellery experience and knowledge :).


No comments: