Monday, 11 July 2011

Little Birds Market Review


As mentioned in my previous post, yesterday was my first Little Birds Market at Sloans Ballroom in Glasgow.  I must say the day did not start as planned: I only got 1 hours sleep beforehand, slept in, had to get a Megabus there, then was told my table had collapsed before I arrived!! However, ignoring the time before the market, the day went very well! Laura, of Love Me Again, the market's organiser, stepped in with two smaller round tables which actually suited my display very nicely! I was set up between I'm A Good Girl Designs - really cool reclaimed furniture, lovingly hand painted back to life - and Florence Box Jewellery, who will be joining me next Sunday at
 Magpie Market @ The Hub in Edinburgh.

I got some really good feedback, especially for the display: "delicate", "feminine" & "gorgeous", and also for the unusualness of my jewellery with a lot of people saying they hadn't seen anything like it before (I'll take it as a compliment!). One thing that stuck with me is that a lot of people commented that they had seen my work online via my blog, Facebook page & press links which I was really chuffed about as you sometimes wonder who actually notices. 

All in all a good day and I hope to join Little Birds Market again in the future.






No comments: