Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Craft Fair Props




As I have a few craft fairs coming up in July, I have been on the hunt for items to improve my display - namely items that will lift my jewellery up, as my previous display at Magpie Market was rather flat. I stumbled upon this shabby-chic style "First Aid" box at TK Maxx which I thought would act well as a small plinth/shelf as well as a nice display for some materials I have collected that add to the theme of my stall: ribbons, suspenders, buttons etc. A bargain at £5.99 I say!





I also stocked up on some earring and pendant displays from Ebay - just simple clear & frosted acrylic. I'd always been a bit wary of acrylic earring stands as they can sometimes look quite cheap but I liked the modern shape of these ones (hard to see in the pics!) so I'm eager to try them out. Next on the shopping list is a mirror - I was completely unprepared for the last craft fair & the amount of people asking to try things on but thankfully we had a mirror as part of the display to use but had to keep disrupting the layout of our stall to let people use it! So tip for sellers: Bring a mirror!! 

No comments: