Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Blow Me!










I have just come across Rebecca Wilson's ceramics whilst leafing through some images from Craftscotland's Flickr photostream. I have seen an image of one of Rebecca's pieces before but never knew who had made it, so I was delighted to come across her work and discover her website and Facebook.

Rebecca's work is just completely up my street: fun, cute, kitsch & deliciously tacky..in a good way! My blog is usually full of contemporary jewellery (due to my being very biased!) but Rebecca's ceramics have me totally in awe: I especially love the Blow Me! collection complete with perfume atomizers. The cake (3rd image down) is so adorable it would be a shame to eat it! 

The collection screams Marie Antoinette - 
"Let Them Eat Cake!"

Rebecca describes her work as "Deliciously irreverent ceramics...the recurring theme that brings the disparate  areas of my inspirations together is temptation - be it a naughty 50's pinup, a flouncy shiny porcelain figure, or a big fruity, creamy tart!"

A girl after my own heart!

No comments: