Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Vintage finds





Above is a selection of vintage finds - 2 boxes from ebay and a necklace, medal and pendant from my Grandparent's house. My Grandparents seem to have a never ending supply of useful things for me to have for my jewellery making and general desire to collect random objects. They even saved the butterfly they found as they "thought I would like it"! I love the necklace and wear it with other small gold chains for a layered look and have plans to use the pendant for a necklace for myself. It's really cute and feminine but, along with the medal, I don't know a lot about them. The small green box will be used as part of a sample or maybe as part of a final piece in my future collaborative collection.

I finally managed to get my hands on some 1.5mm pearl wire so I will be returning to the freezing spider-infested shed to start making some more. I'm taking a bit of a break and will be just having some fun and creating some pieces for myself as I haven't actually got any jewellery for myself to advertise by wearing. I'm waiting to hear back from a few things jewellery-wise - things I've applied to etc in January and I also have a business plan with 2 friends that needs to be finalised so I will be busy without making! I'm looking forward to a few new changes and starts in the New Year already :)


No comments: