Monday, 1 November 2010

Showcase



I will be exhibiting some jewellery at "Showcase" 
at An talla solais, Ullapool Visual Arts 
from 6th November.

The offer to take part in this exhibition came at an awkward time as I have just completed a collection for Number Four, St Abbs for which pieces have to be sent off on the same date. However the staff have been great & very understanding with regards to time for getting work sent down :). To be honest I have been very naive for the demand for work around Christmas time so I will consider this a lesson learned and get to making early next year - especially stocking up on equipment: I'm struggling to find pearl wire!! 

On another note, coming back to my thoughts on "commercial jewellery" - I have been struggling to come up with a range that has my "style". Most jewellers in my class seemed to have a high-end degree show collection that could be easily transformed into a commercial collection, but this is something I have really struggled with. However since working on pieces for the two galleries I'm starting to notice a few pieces emerge (such as the earrings featured) which I have loved and feel very "me"! I feel a bit like I'm starting from scratch again after my degree show collection so I think keeping up the sketchbook work and keeping making will help reveal and develop my style. I also have my 1st bottle of platinol to play with and have ordered 2 books for inspiration...



No comments: