Tuesday, 16 November 2010

November



November is proving to be quite a busy month - especially as jewellery still comes 2nd (not by choice) 
to my 35-40 hour a week job waitressing!

My jewellery will be exhibited and sold at the following places...

Showcase
An talla solais
Ullapool Visual Arts
6th Nov

Christmas Exhibition
Number Four Gallery
St Abbs, Berwickshire
13th Nov

Off The Shelf
Saltburn Artists' Projects
26th Nov


Along with these exhibitions, I will also be creating some pieces for 
Marion Campbell's beauty salon "Glow" in Inverness which will be on sale 1st Dec 


Marion has worked extremely hard to build up her business as well as build up a large number of loyal clients so I am really pleased she has been supportive of my jewellery career by asking me to make some pieces for Christmas. One of the things that was mentioned in the Hi-Arts Business Start Up meeting was that it was important to get established in your local area so this will be a great opportunity. As usual I am struggling to find time to make many pieces but I shouldn't moan really as I have very nearly reached one of my yearly goals which is to be out of my overdraft by the end of the year. Hopefully I'll make a few sales to push me further towards the green!


My other 2 goals were to have my degree show pieces exhibited (Off The Shelf has kindly helped me achieve this!) and one I think I will unfortunately not achieve - to not be living in Inverness!! Unfortunately my boyfriend is still unemployed so finding a flat together has been put on hold - however it will be on my New Years resolution list!!! This small fact also hasn't stopped me buying things for the flat or making large wishlists!!


No comments: