Wednesday, 10 November 2010

House of Harlow



In some ways this is quite a controversial post for myself as over my 4 years at Duncan of Jordanstone I've found I've developed a bit of a snobbery towards some sorts of jewellery..."glass beads??!! Good grief".

One type of jewellery that is often viewed negatively by us jewellers is "celebrity" jewellery collections and they're not exactly rare. Lily Allen for New Look (horrendous) and recently Kimberley Walsh for Argos.

However there is one celebrity jewellery range I love (and am not ashamed to admit it!) and that is House of Harlow 1960 by Nicole Richie. Despite my own designs being very delicate and feminine - lots of pinks & silver - I actually love huge gold pieces. I was considering buying the 1960's Gold Plated Medallion Locket (above) recently...however, I am now in love with the "Tribal" necklace and, in particular, the earrings (both pictured below). Of course there's always speculation as to who actually designed the pieces and to be honest Nicole Richie probably turned up - saw them for the 1st time - and gave the go ahead but I think these are really stylish statement pieces. Stylish statement pieces that may just be on my Christmas list...:)






No comments: