Tuesday, 3 August 2010

#3 Large Powder Puff Neckpiece




Last but not least, the third of 3 new pieces! Again, very happy with this piece, particularly the vintage suspender catch at the back. For my 2 long necklaces I made for the Degree Show I was lucky to find some pieces of vintage suspenders at an antique shop near Dundee. However the problem with vintage is that it is very hard to find similar items! However I ordered some different suspenders on ebay and sat with the sewing scissors prising the actual suspenders off the belt and they worked a charm! A really nice peachy colour too to go with current trends. The back of the belt had a catch really similar to a bra which I liked, so I sewed the suspenders to it to create the catch for the neckpiece. I think I'll be on the lookout for some vintage bras to steal the catch's off but they're actually quite expensive! More ebay trawling will have to be done!

No comments: