Tuesday, 27 July 2010

New piece #1 - Vintage Powder Puff Neckpiece




Here is the last of 3 new pieces recently finished to be exhibited as part of my degree show collection Vanity Series 2010 at a gallery called The Workshop in East Sussex. It's hard to explain but when I completed my degree show I felt that there was still a few pieces that I needed to make in order to fully complete the collection and pieces that would help me bridge into a new, but aesthetically similar, collection and I really feel that these new pieces have done that. They are all perfectly wearable whereas some of the degree show collection is a little more conceptual and..well..messy! I'm very proud of my new pieces and I thought I'd display the images of the last piece first as It's my favourite and if it were to sell I'd be very sad to see it go! It's been great having a deadline to work to again as it's helped me stay motivated!

p.s the pics aren't great quality so hopefully I'll get some better ones done!

2 comments:

Maria Maclennan. said...

Ahh Gharm it's lovely! I know what your mean about bridging the gap - that's what I've been trying to do myself the last couple of weeks; makes you feel a little uneasy your collection not being quite 'done'. Have you applied to/heard about Artist in Residence?xx

Cheryl: Oh to Be a Muse said...

i haven't seen anything like these. very cool.

i follow your blog now; feel free to check out my blog and follow it too.

http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com