Friday, 28 May 2010

My favourite piece!


Here is my favourite piece from my Degree Show collection "Vanity Series 2010". This was a contender for my postcard image but the simplicity of the compact piece won in the end! This piece is much more wearable than most of the others (in respects that you are much less likely to get covered in powder - though there is a little bit sneakily on the side there!).

I was originally going to use the quote "The only cure for vanity is laughter, and the only fault that is laughable is vanity." (Henri Bergson) for my compact pieces, but as it has always been my favourite of the quotes found on vanity and, if used as the name for the compacts, it wouldn't actually be seen, I decided to use it for this piece.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I think I prefer this as your postcard. I agree the other is much more simplistic, but this says so much more about your degree show work!

However, it's all lovely and anyone who hasn't gotten down to see it needs to move their butts!

congrats again Nic! xxxxxxxx