Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Source and sketchbook pages..






Just as a little distraction from my dissertation I thought I'd post some pics of my source book and sketchbook pages. I am also currently working on 5 boards to present a final degree show peice design to apply for the Goldsmiths Company Precious Metal Bursary. My first piece is going to be a refined verion of my vainty compact as I did really love it but as it had to be made in a week it was poorly made and also only made of brass. The refined version will have a hinge and intricate saw piercing inside to allow the powder to spill out - a lot better than my mock up as it basically had huge big holes drilled into the middle! Very unrefined you see!! Ideally I would like to make two - one gold plated and one silver with blush inside - maybe just to play with the colour schemes. After that is very scary as I'm really struggling to design at the moment! I have a few brooch ideas at the moment but nothing fully worked out yet! A series of deadlines are coming up so I really need to get working! Something like 6 weeks for dissertation, 1 week for the Goldsmiths boards and 4 weeks for our first finished piece!! Eek!

4 comments:

Holly Wilcox said...

Hey! I love ur sketchbook! wish mine looked like that!!! j...i asked about the 5 boards thing and sandra was saying it should probably be about 2 instead. i thought goldsmiths were asking for 5 boards but apparently that's just what needs to be included in them all, they didn't make it very clear though!! xxxxxx

Nixi said...

Aww thank you Holly! It's just different styles!! I'm pink girly and tacky..you're simple, cold and icy!! Haha! Bugger you've scared me with this board talk - Ive got 5 and don't want to cut down? Like theyre all nice and simple and look the same so trying to cut down might clutter it? I think I'll email Sandra!! Eek! xxxx

Natalia Mazur said...

your style is very much to my taste. got lost there looking through all your pieces, samples and inspirational photos. overally, you created a lovely atmosphere, very femenine but at the same time its more then just that.. cant quite put in to words :) looking forward to seeing more of your work. you got me really exited and inspired, so thank you very much :D

Nixi said...

Aww thank you very much for your comment! I'm very scared for the coming year (degree show etc) so any words to boost my confidence are very welcome! :D xxx